The Iron Pro 2 is both a water softener and an iron filter, reducing water softness and removing iron, manganese, and any sediment with the fine mesh resin. It features a high whole rate making it appropriate for a whole house or small office, with a 64,000-grain capacity. The Iron Pro 2 uses the Fleck 5600SXT metered water softener, combined with iron mesh filters.
If you’re worried about scale buildup and have ever seen unidentified objects floating around in your water, this filter is ideal. The Iron Pro 2 not only helps soften your water and reduces scale build-up, but it also treats smells derived from sulfur, eliminates red staining from iron, and prevents the black slimy build-up from manganese. No more odd-smelling dishes, weird stains in the bathroom, and black film around the sink!
The Iron Pro 2 features a meter based regeneration system, used in the Fleck 5600SXT water softener. The system measures water use and regenerates on an as-needed basis, changing its regeneration rates based on your usage. This conserves water and keeps costs down. You can program the meter in four different ways to customize the water delivery.
If you’re looking for water softening and think you’re water might be suffering from excess iron, sulfur, or manganese, the Iron Pro 2 is your water softener. All the benefits of reducing scale build-up, and increased water quality. No more strange particles and sediment floating around in your water!
Sized at 14 x 7 x 21 inches and weighs nearly 120 pounds. Definitely bulkier than most water softeners for home use, but this is because it’s both a water softener and sediment filtration system.
The water softener removes hardness up to 75 gpg, while the iron filter can handle iron up to a 6-8 ppm range, Manganese to 6 ppm, and sulfur up to 2 ppm. The filter also removes sediment and sand. Long-lasting parts and products limit the replacements you’re going to go through, and the filter can remove things in your water that you didn’t even know were there!
The Iron Pro 2 uses the Fleck 5600SXT metered water softener, combined with iron mesh filters. The 5600 Fleck valve is simply a top-line, extremely popular water control valve that limits power consumption through electronic controls. Precision piston-seal-spacer assembly ensures that the product doesn’t break and keeps humming along as intended.
Practically a problem-free system, because it has only one internal moving part which is placed directly into your water. It might be difficult to install, but once it’s there, it will work perfectly for a long time without breaking down.
The compact turbine-electronic meter regulates the amount of water processed to ensure that it’s optimized for your consumption.
Computer control gives you four different operation modes.
- The “immediate regeneration” setting processes water whenever the system detects that you’re low and anticipates that you’ll need more based on prior use.
- The “delayed meter regeneration” mode sets off time-delayed processing when the system detects you’re low.
- “Delayed time clock” allows you to set certain times of day to check and process water.
- “Day of the week” allows you to schedule the process whenever.
The computer screen shows the time of day and the number of gallons of soft water that you have in the tank. 15” x 34” brine tank with salt grid, injecting brine directly into water to soften.
Pros and Cons
- Improves water smell caused by sulfur by removing up to 2 ppm of sulfur.
- Reduces red staining from iron.
- Reduces black gunky buildup from manganese.
- State of the art 5600SXT water filter provides soft water.
- LCD display updates you on the amount of soft water you have available, days remaining to regenerate, and which tank is in service (if you have the twin tank model).
- Softens water to improve taste, reduce wear and tear on appliances, and reduce skin and hair damage!
- Bulky, at 14 x 7 x 21 inches and nearly 120 pounds, causing difficulty installing.
- Requires electricity.
- A bit pricey.
- Not worth it if all you’re looking for is a water softener. Might treat problems you don’t even have.
While a bit pricier than the basic water softener, the Iron Pro 2 is worth a shot if you’ve been experiencing other problems with your water. If you just need your water softened, save your money and look for a cheaper unit, but if you’ve had any other problems, the Iron Pro 2 offers some unique filtration systems which can help.
While the 5600SXT’s user interface is nice, giving you a lot of control over the water, what you really want the Iron Pro 2 for is the filtration. If you’ve got iron in your water causing red stains on your dishes or toilet, or if you’ve got sulfur in the water causing weird smells in tap water sitting around, or if manganese is causing filmy build-ups around your sink–the filter will help immensely.
If you’ve experienced any of those problems, give the Iron Pro 2 a try!