The Nuvo H2O Dphb-a Home Water Softener System is an eco-friendly home water softening system that uses the power of citrus to soften water, reducing damage to plumbing and appliances, reducing stress on your water heater, and lowering your energy consumption! It uses the same FDA-approved chelation tech that top-line hotels and restaurants trust for their drinking, bathing, and gardening. If the technology is good enough for luxury resorts, it can more than handle the job of purifying your shower and morning coffee water!
It provides a 1 to 1 water turnover ratio, significantly reducing the water waste that often goes into water softeners. No electricity, no bags of salt, just softer and cleaner water! The system doesn’t strip calcium, it bonds calcium, preventing buildup in pipes and hair.
Nuvo H2O DPHB
The NuvoH20 is proven to reduce scale build-up and even to reduce the existing scale. This claim is independently verified by a third-party study, discussed below. When you invest in the Nuvo CitraCharge system, you’re investing in verified results and not just consumer opinions about “how the water tastes now” and “what the coffee maker looks like.” Get results, not opinions.
Weighing only 8 pounds and sizing at only 5 x 5 x 24 inches, the Nuvo H20 Dphb is a small, single-consumer friendly system.
The salt-free water softening system uses cartridges and the power of citrus to clear up your water! The citric acid used is the kind naturally occurring in many fruits and vegetables.
Instead of simply removing calcium like other softeners, the systems “CitraCharge” formula binds and isolates calcium ions to prevent them from forming scale. Once the ions bind, you still have calcium in the water, but it won’t bind to other things like pipes and appliances. The system also lowers the pH to soften the water.
Because of the “CitraCharge”, the wrong minerals don’t bind to other things--making the water cleaner and softer for your hair and body!
Pros and Cons
- While salt-based softeners prevent scale, the NuvoH20 is salt-free, using a proprietary citrus formula to reduce pH and hard water minerals. It not only prevents scale from forming, but it also reduces the existing scale.
- Proven to extends appliance lifetime and reduce heating costs.
- Compact, 8-pound design.
- Approved by a third party research test.
- Great for lifestyle and beauty
- Use fewer skincare products in the shower because the softer water won’t eat them off your skin.
- Gentler in laundry loads to bring you softer and more vibrant clothing.
- Better skin and hair from reduced harshness.
- Doesn’t add salt to the water
- Doesn’t use electricity
- While some water softeners won’t give a 1 to 1 turnover, wasting some water to soften the rest, the NuvoH20 doesn’t waste any water.
- FDA and NSF approved
- Easy maintenance, simply swap the cartridge instead of lugging around salt-bags
- Not equipped to handle high temperatures. Consumers say the softener can expand and stops working. The warranty specifically won’t cover damage due to high temperatures. If you live in a place where you expect high 90s weather, this may not be your water softener.
- Cartridges need to be replaced after every 20,000 gallons, which is quite frequent. The U.S. government estimates that the average person uses 80-100 gallons of water a day. If you buy the Nuvo H2O DHPB for a two-person household, the cartridge needs to be replaced every 100-150 days. Cut that time in half for a four-person household, and you’re replacing the cartridge in less than two months each time.
- A bit tricky to install, because over-tightening the fitting can cause the system to fail.
- Not recommended for private wells, closed-loop recirculation systems, or wood-fired boiler applications.
- Copper piping can become oxidized, turning your water a blue tinge for a short time (the effect is and will go away over time, although it might be startling).
Verifying the claims of water softeners is always difficult, and determining the level of effectiveness is even more difficult. Relying on consumer reviews which generalize basic ideas like “the water tastes better” is never a good idea.
But NuvoH20 paid for a third-party study. The third-party study, conducted by research group Battelle, found that the NuvoH2O helps prevent scale build-up and decreased energy consumption required to heat water. The reduced scale build-up helped extend the life of appliances and decreased repair cost. The study focused on the lifespan of appliances and fixtures (water heaters and showerheads) and the average energy savings.
- Untreated heaters showed fifty-times the scaled mass of NuvoH20 treated heaters. The pictures included in the pdf show a stark contrast!
- NuvoH20 does not only prevent scale from building, but the treated water also helps reduce the existing scale.
- NuvoH20 treated heaters took 25% less time to heat water than non-treated water heaters.
The NuvoH20 PDPHB Home Softener System is a great choice if you want an eco-friendly water softener. It uses citrus, not salt and electricity, to comfortably soften water.
The main drawbacks are the smaller cartridge size, which has to be replaced often depending on how large your household is. But the eco-friendly specs of the NuvoH20 should more than overcome that drawback! Also, the reduced strain on appliances and water heating bills will help offset the costs of the cartridges.