Last Updated on by
The WaterBoss 365 36400 Grain Water Softener (also the same as the WaterBoss 900) has a sleek white and beige design that fits nicely into your home. Ideal for larger families, with its massive grain capacity, yet takes up less space than you would assume! The 365 offers whole-house softening, even for bigger families.
Anytime you purchase a water softener, there’s a fear of pressure drop. It’s nice to have softer water in the shower, it isn’t nice to have shower water dribble out of the head. The Waterboss 365 has a high water flow rate to make sure that you don’t experience a pressure drop in your shower, and continue to bathe in a high pressure but softer water.
It isn’t just a water softener. The WaterBoss also filters! The built-in 20-micron filter will reduce sediments and odd floating things in your drinking water. Why just soften when you can soften and filter at the same time? The WaterBoss is ideal for well water, built to handle most problems arising from well water like iron, calcium, sediment, and bacteria.
The regeneration cycle begins on demand, ensuring that salt and water are never wasted. It regenerates in just 20 to 38 minutes, allowing to regenerate on demand without making you wait for water. The system is maximized for salt and water conservation.
As with any high quality water softener, it’s great for hair and skin! Harsh water will leave your skin dry and red, while softer water gives that luxurious shine. It cuts down on the scale buildup which decreases appliance lifespans and bathroom fixtures. And it generally tastes worse!
Give your coffee, your body, and your bathroom the best soft water with a water filter! If you’ve got a bigger family and experience problems with well water, the WaterBoss 365 is for you.
Sized at 18.8 x 14.8 x 30.8 inches and weighing 110 pounds.
Runs on pellet salt, storing up to 160 pounds at a time.
Removes up to 90 grains per gallon of hardness and reduces up to 10 parts per million (ppm) of iron. Softer water with less iron gives you cleaner clothes and better baths!
Runs on 110-volt power, and features a safety shut-off system that guarantees a safe and sound consumer-friendly operation.
Regeneration cycle runs in just 20 to 38 minutes, ensuring you don’t run out of water. The cycle runs on an as-needed basis to prevent waste of water and salt.
20-micron filter reduces sediment, dirt, and sand. The filter is built specifically to help with problems arising from well water.
Pros and Cons
- Easy install. It can go from box to up and running in 3 hours! It comes with detailed instructions and an installation DVD to help you do it yourself.
- Sleek and modern design won’t embarrass you with mechanical clunkiness. Quiet running to prevent neighbors from wondering “what’s that sound?”
- Built-in filter is great for well water problems, like:
- Dirt and sediment from the well. Who wants things floating around in their coffee?
- Hard water with calcium
- Water heavy with iron. (10 ppm of iron reduction power!)
- Bacteria floating around
- Acidic water or hydrogen sulfide water, which can not only affect the taste but can also make your water smell bad.
- High-efficiency system reduces water and salt usage. It only regenerates when you need more water, ensuring that it doesn’t go to waste.
- On the bulky side, at 18.8 x 14.8 x 30.8 inches and weighing 110 pounds. If you’re going to install it yourself, make sure you have help and the proper lifting equipment.
- You’ll need to keep it above 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Can’t be put in a place where it is exposed to cold weather! If you have an insulated shed or an indoor place, this won’t be a problem, as it can last up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit of heat.
- Requires salt to run, which means you’ll be lugging big bags around every once in a while to replenish the system.
- It requires electricity, slightly raising your energy costs.
The WaterBoss 365 (900) is great for larger families who need a fairly compact water filter. It’s modern, sleek design and quiet functioning are ideal for suburban settings.
If you’ve got well water pollution, it has a built-in filter to handle that as well. Less hardness and less iron, all at the same time.
The major cons are that its not equipped for cooler weather, requiring salt additions from time to time, and rather heavy to get into place. If these aren’t issues, then the pros should carry!
The WaterBoss 365 is a low risk and low maintenance purchase. Easy install, smooth running once installed, and a safety shut-off solution will prevent consumer injuries during operation (because let’s face it, sometimes you don’t know what you’re doing!).
Try the WaterBoss 365 for softer water, and feel the results on your skin and face, in the shine of your hair, and in the lifespan of appliances!